We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Flights

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Flights

Can anyone tell me about Thomson flights? Flying with them on 4th December.

Do they have in-flight entertainment> Seatback TVs? Can't seem to find any info on their website

Thanks!

Barbie

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
855 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Flights

I normally fly with Thomson and have no complaints about them. The legroom is fine, although it depends on your height and I find the seats comfy enough. Also are you flying economy or premium ?

All seats have their own seatback tvs and you can upgrade for £5 to get more movies, tv shows etc, although I think the normal choice is enough.

The food is basically your typical airline food....not much to say on this one....you either love it or hate it....I personally like it but I eat anything lol.

I always fly economy and cant see much difference in the upgades apart from obviously the price and I think food and drinks are free in premium.

sam

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Flights

Thanks for the info nuttybabe. Very helpful!

less than 3 weeks to go! :o)

Barbie

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
855 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Flights

Have a great hol.........I'm sure you will...

I fly out on new years eve daytime and I'll be in Cabarete ready for the celebrations...can't wait either. Anything to get away from this cold, windy weather.

sam

Surrey
Level Contributor
699 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Flights

Starting to get excited - we are also flying on 4th December from Gatwick/Punta Cana - tickets have arrived so we are ready to go.

Though we booked with Thomson our flight was originally a First Choice plane (as they have joined together). Our flight number is now TOM 033. I don't know if there is any difference in the aircraft. I know Thomson have changed all their configerations, legroom, entertainment etc since we last flew with them 18 months ago - for the better.

Have a great holiday.

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Flights

One more question springs to mind...

Drinks on the plane? I assume since i'm on a charter flight i'll have to pay?? :o(

Barbie

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
855 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Flights

In economy yes unfortunately you have to pay, although tea or coffee comes free with the 2 meals served. Also you can get water free from the water fountains located near the toilets.

Not sure about premium seating, I think their drinks are free.

sam

Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
321 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Flights

Yep, you have to pay for your drinks in economy and they are free in premium. This will be the second time we've flown in the premium cabin. Still not sure if it's worth the extra 149 pounds but it's paid now so I'm just gonna enjoy it.

We are flying premium from Gatwick on Dec 28th so will be taking full advantage of the free drinks!!!

Enjoy your hols everyone.

Keith

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
855 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson Flights

I must admit I've been tempted to treat myself to and upgrade as I'm just about to take my 8th trip out to the DR and always flown economy. My problem is I never end up coming back to the uk when I'm supposed to lol and always have to book another flight home at a later date. So it would end up costing me a fortune.

Have a great holiday everyone thats going soon. I'll be there again for the new year and cant wait.

sam

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson Flights

Sam...

if you are not travelling on a package tour, then I would recommend an upgrade. Thomson are now charging extra for luggage. With a charge for food and a charge to guarantee sitting together, we found it was only about £40 more for the upgrade, which included 30kg luggage and food as well as drinks etc. Obviously, if you are on a package, your luggage and food is probably included in the price, so the upgrade isn't such good value.

Going to Cabarete in December? Can I carry your bags? :-) I only got back from Cabarete a week ago today and I'm missing it already!

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
855 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson Flights

Hi Keith, I always travel with just the flight only ticket and now they are not charging for meals in economy which saves about £25 also I travel alone so dont mind where I sit. I've paid the £30 for luggage which is a bit of a con as you cant really go away with just hand luggage. I may treat myself to an upgrade one day though.

Yep I fly out on New years eve day landing about 4 in the afternoon which gives me plenty of time to get ready for the Cabarete beach parties on the night....cant wait, I love cabarete.

sam