We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malaria vacs for my child

lancs
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
malaria vacs for my child

please please can anyone advise me, we go to dominican republic on newyears eve 08, weve had so many mixed reports about giving my 5 yr son malaria syrup,were staying in bavero 4star.. he has the flu at the moment. we are suppose to start the syrup tday. any tips would be very appriciated .....annmarie

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: malaria vacs for my child

PERSONALLY, I don't take anti-malarial medication when visiting the Dom Rep.

PERSONALLY, I wouldn't want to give them to an already sick child.

However, I would phone NHS Direct 0845 4647 and ask their advice.

Hope he's feeling better before you are due to travel.

lancs
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: malaria vacs for my child

hi thanks for your reply, the little ones brighter now, however after seeing our gp yest he advised me to give my son the medication... he has been ok so far.. many thanks tho.. and all the best....annmarie

3. Re: malaria vacs for my child

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 00:18