We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dumb questions that need answers

Dayton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Dayton
Level Contributor
430 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Dumb questions that need answers

I have a couple of questions...

1) We are going to the Bahia Principe Ambar 1/17. Can I request a whole bottle of rum be brought to the room? Hubby and I like our pre-dinner cocktails in the room.

2.) How do you pronounce our hotel name, is it Bahia like BAH-High-Uh or Bah-hee-Uh? Just don't want to sound like a yahoo.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,050 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dumb questions that need answers

Dumb questions? My fave kind!

It's BA-hee-ah (accent on the first syllable)!

And if you send them a note, ask for the rum and they don't accommodate, you can just go to the bartender and request 5 - 7 fingers of rum in a plastic glass. Take it to your room and transfer it to a plastic water bottle or bottle you bring from home and keep it in your room. Nobody need know and I doubt that they'll limit your quantity. I've done it with cognac for in-room enjoyment. The bartender starts to get used to seeing you coming at 11 p.m. and pours before you order!

Kaki

2. Re: Dumb questions that need answers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 07:22