We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me find the Presidente in the Airport!

Dayton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Dayton
Level Contributor
426 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Help me find the Presidente in the Airport!

A few threads mention grabbing a Pres for the ride to the hotel from the airport. Where in the airport can I get one to go? I guess there are no open container laws in DR? I will be taking a cab-any problem with open container in a cab?? 2 more sleeps till my first trip to PC!!!!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me find the Presidente in the Airport!

Wing it!

You didn't mention which airport, so speaking generally... Once you've gone through customs, odds are that within a minute you'll have found a refreshment stand that sells cold beer. They'll happily take US$, and the taxi driver who approaches you with an offer of a ride will think nothing of the beer in your hand.

It's different outside North America. In Central America once I discovered you can even carry an open beer through an international border crossing. "Don't worry about it" they said. (How many different laws would that break back home?)

Dayton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Dayton
Level Contributor
426 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me find the Presidente in the Airport!

Cool!!! I am flying into PUJ.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me find the Presidente in the Airport!

Contact Bronly at info@ibkservicios.com and you can book your taxi and he will have cold beer on ice for the ride if you request it.

Gregg

4. Re: Help me find the Presidente in the Airport!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 02:20