We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money

Wales
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Money

Can anyone advice me please which is the best form of currency to take to the Dominican. I am going for the first time in Febuary. So any advice will be great.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
382 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Money

normally US dollars in small denominations , but you can exchange for paso there

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money

From the UK to the Dominican Republic, just take sterling and a debit card. Withdrawing directly from an ATM is the cheapest way to get pesos (check your bank doesn't charge for foreign withdrawls, HSBC and Alliance & Leicester definitely don't). You can tip notes and the staff can still exchange them if you don't get any pesos. Exchanging sterling to dollars to pesos you lose more due to the extra exchange.

1. If you are intending to use your card, tell your bank you are going abroad.

2. You will still need US$10 for the tourist card, no other currency is accepted. It's easiest to take US$20 for your departure tax if not included in your package.

Wales
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money

Thank you for the advice. I cant wait to go.

4. Re: Money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 21:17