We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

punta cana or peurto plata???

sunderland
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
punta cana or peurto plata???

iv never been to the dom rep before and me and my boyfriend are thinking of going in september we are after a relaxing holiday with white sand beaches iv heard peurto plata is golden however we want white sandy beaches....we arent bothered about nightlife just want a do a few trips like the monster truck trip....iv been looking at a few hotels and we would like a hotel that is large loads of entertainment especially on the night and nice beach...im looking more towards punta cana as i think that resort looks the best...i seen a nice hotel clubhotel riu bambu just wondering if anyone has been in this hotel and other hotels that are recommended also there is another hotel called peurto plata village which looks ok....any details or auggestions will help thankx

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: punta cana or peurto plata???

Punta Cana will suit you best based on what you've written so far. PC is a lot more expensive than PP. The beaches are nicer, 'picture postcard' Caribbean.

I've not been east since I got married there about a decade ago, but then, I like all the things you aren't bothered about and don't like the things you are looking for, so I won't even try to recommend a specific hotel for you! ;-)

(Actually, I always enjoy Monster Truck, so we've that in common!)

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: punta cana or peurto plata???

Yep, if it's the snowy white sand you seek, head to Punta Cana! It's beautiful & you can walk the beach for hours!

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
811 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: punta cana or peurto plata???

Hello Mack , I have been to both PP and PC and the beaches in PC are much nicer like everyone has said . As far as the Riu Bamba . I have stayed at the Riu Palce Macoa and I was fantastic one of my favorite AI's I have been to , it is on the same property as the Bambo and you can use everything at the Bambu it cost a bit more but worth it .

4. Re: punta cana or peurto plata???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 11:17