We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather august/september

scotland
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
weather august/september

i have been to the DR once before it was late june and weather was great I am thinking of going end of August start of september i have heard that it rains nearly all the time and is right in the middle of the hurricane season can anyone advise if this is the wrong time to go or am i worrying about nothing thanks.

Punta Cana Small-Group Sailing and...
331 Reviews
from US$79.00*
Free Cancellation
Day Trip to Saona Island and Altos de...
77 Reviews
from US$83.99*
Free Cancellation
Punta Cana Discovery Package: Dune...
143 Reviews
from US$99.99*
Free Cancellation
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,341 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather august/september

Where are you planning to go? South or north?

scotland
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather august/september

probably be the north costa dorada

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,341 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather august/september

End of August is very hot and humid, some showers but usually not a lot of rain (I say "usually" because we've had a very unusual weather so far this year).

Yes, it is hurricane season, but we have not had any serious hurricane damage in the north coast for many years. At most, it rains very hard with moderate-high winds and some parts of town get flooded. My recollection of the past few years is that we didn't have any hurricanes pass through this area until mid September. If you'd like to check the average weather for a particular month, check this site:

dominicanrepublic-guide.info/weather/august

The link is for August, but you can navigate on the left hand side and see other months too.

Silvia

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
43,022 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather august/september

Here is a website that is quite helpful.

wunderground.com/history/…calendar

You can see past years and click on to the month of September as well.

Angie.

Aberdeenshire
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: weather august/september

Hiya,

My husband and I are going to the DR on Tuesday - to the Gran Ventana - and although im not too worried about things i have been looking at the weather there at present and all it says is "Chance of Thunderstorms and rain" .........noooooooo sun!!! But im hoping its maybe just a small shower here and there.............i really hope its not cloudy and wet the whole two weeks we are there - get enough of that in Scotland!!!!

Cheers, Alison

6. Re: weather august/september

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2010, 06:19