We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all -inclusive vacation

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
all –inclusive vacation

Looking for an all –inclusive vacation for my family. Adult children and partners all in their 30s and my husband and I. Must have snorkeling, pools, and be on the beach. Also must be affordable. 8 of us all together. Suggestions??

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: all –inclusive vacation

That covers about 95% of the resorts in the DR (maybe more) - LOL.

Any preference of location...

How important is beach vs. pool?

Are you experienced snorkelers?

Excursions?

Expectations?

Define affordable.

Gregg

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: all –inclusive vacation

Any preference of location... None

How important is beach vs. pool? Beach and Pool are important. Beach more important.

Are you experienced snorkelers? YES

Excursions? YES

Define affordable. hmm maybe $1500-$2000 per couple for a week. Is that do able? Do not wnat to stay in aplace that is so cheap it feels run down and un safe.

Expectations: Affordable and really nice.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: all –inclusive vacation

You might want to consider the South Coast (La Romana, Bayahibe, Juan Dolio) where the waters are calmer and snorkeling is better. If beaches are paramount and snorkeling not quite so important try the Bavaro area of Punta Cana. In either event you may have to rethink your budget expectations a bit.

Good luck.

Gregg

P.S. - Have you vacationed at an AI for under $2000 a couple anywhere else - last minute sell offs excluded? (just curious)

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: all –inclusive vacation

I guess that’s what makes cruises so affordable. You can find cruises for $1500 for a week for 2. So that’s your room and food and then you just have your drinks and domestic airfare. But, the last time we took a family vacation we took a cruise and had bad weather at almost every port. I was really just trying to find something the my kids could afford and not a cruise and had heard that the Dominican Republic was very affordable.

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: all –inclusive vacation

Actually playing around with Riu’s site. They have all-inclusive for $1,106 at Hotel Riu Naiboa

6. Re: all –inclusive vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 06:22