We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas

New York
4 posts
Save Topic
Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas

Does anyone know how long this trip takes by bus? Are there flight options, too?

Thanks!

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas

it takes about 2.5 hrs from the airport BUT.... the bus station is not at the airport. therefore you must take a taxi to the bus terminal(in santo domingo) these taxis could be up to $50 and i am not sure exactly how long the bus takes to get to LT. the buses are cheap and well air conditioned. a private taxi/shuttle will cost around $250 each way. there used to be local flights between SD and LT but i think they are no more. there are also guaguas(small buses or minivans) that may be better for you but once again they leave from SD. i can look farther for you if you like pm me... ben

New York
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas

Many thanks for the advice. I think I am going to take the bus. Is it Caribe Tours? I've heard the times posted on the website are not always up to date, though.

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas

i don't think the bus goes all the way to LT. you must get off at sanchez or samana town and take either a gua gua or taxi to LT. the guagua from santo domingo goes to LT. if you are travelling light the guagua may be the best bet. it leaves at 8am, 11:30,1:40pm amd 3pm from calle barahona next to plaza lama shopping center. a taxi should be able to get you there. the bus is caribe tour and if you have much luggage it may be better. good luck...ben

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
1 post
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas

Hi Guys,

Flight from Santo Domingo to Portillo, airport of Las Terrenas: about 60USD one flight,

Car from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas by Highway: 2 hours

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas

i know the takeoff flights are canceled. do you have any info on the flights i would be interested at that price. flights from punta cana to portillo are $149 per person and it is around the same lenth. before they cancelled their SD to portillo flights takeoffs were much more... thx ben

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas

Caribe Tours will only take you to Samaná. The trip is beteween 2 and 2.5 hours, from Caribe Tours terminal.

There are other buses that go directly from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas. They depart from Calle Caracas #60, (besides the Plaza Lama parking lot, behind the Avenida Duarte). This are their updated timetables, written on the office wall:

http://img20.imageshack.us/i/dsc04754u.jpg/

"Take Off" started to flight again a while back.

Their website doesn't show have all flights updated, but I recentelly spoke to Clemente and he told me all about their fligts.

They have flights between Punta Cana and Samana; Between Punta Cana and Santo Domingo; and Punta Cana and Puerto PLata.

Sadly, there are no flights between Santo Domingo and Samaná...

7. Re: Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2010, 07:20