We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

questions, questions and more questions

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
questions, questions and more questions

My wife and I are going to be staying at the Occidental Grand In Punta Cana for 1 week and then the Grand Oasis Marien in Puerto Plata. What airport should we fly into? what would be the best way to get to each resort? how do these resorts rate? this will be our first trip to the dominican republic so any and all information will be appreciated.

Thanks

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,743 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: questions, questions and more questions

Hi there,

If you're going first to Punta Cana, try to by a ticket to fly to PUJ but departing from Puerto Plata (POP). You will need transportation between the east coast and north coast. You can take a bus to Santo Domingo and transfer to another bus company coming to Puerto Plata; that's about an 8-9 hour trip. Buses are very comfortable and inexpensive. The alternative is to take a cab, about 425 dollars one way from PC to POP (cost for 1-4 passengers).

Silvia

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: questions, questions and more questions

thanks for the info - the bus ride does not sound appealing. What if we stayed at the Oasis Canoa near Hahahibe?

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: questions, questions and more questions

try emailing this company http://www.takeoffweb.com/ for flights between puerto plata and punta cana. the website isn't updated and they do not show these flights but i hear they have resumed. it would save a strenuous day of road travel between the two and like other poster said fly into PC and out of POP. good luck... ben jammin'

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,743 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: questions, questions and more questions

Bayahibe is a lot closer from PC than Puerto Plata. I'm guessing about two hours car ride from Punta Cana. In that case, you can fly to PC (PUJ) or La Romana (LRM).

Silvia

5. Re: questions, questions and more questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2010, 07:18