We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Know a good Guided Excursion? Los Haitises National Park

Arlington, Virginia
2 posts
Save Topic
Know a good Guided Excursion? Los Haitises National Park

We're arriving by cruise ship.

Rhe cruise-supplied excursion here is not quite what we want (includes unwanted extras not to mention overpriced!)

Looking for a good guide and our main interest is seeing birds and maybe even kayaking in the mangroves, but we have to be sure we can return before our ship departures port.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,169 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Know a good Guided Excursion? Los Haitises National Park

Hi Dave,

There is a tour company that is highly recommended on the Samana forum. The tour operator is Terry. His TripAdvisor screen name is toursamanawithterry. He's American. If you search the Samana forum you will find lots of information on his company.

Also check out these travel articles

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147294-c130976/Saman…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147294-s403/Samana-P…

Cheers,

Silvia

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,039 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Know a good Guided Excursion? Los Haitises National Park

Are you indeed docking in Samana? or maybe La Romana or Santo Domingo? Recommendations may vary!

Kaki

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Know a good Guided Excursion? Los Haitises National Park

it is my understanding that you must have a licensed tour guide for the park to be with you so this limits the venues from which you can visit the park. I am sure there are tour companies in samana which may be a bit cheaper but i would search ahead and not try to wing it. it is my understanding that no one has kayaks(it is a long way across the bay) and the only place you can do this is the cano hondo hotel which would involve a ferry ride and then taxi to this hotel and i do not think in your allotted time you would be able to do this. The los haitisus tour is definately worth it but i would also advise you to contact terry and see what all he offers, the beaches and countryside in and around samana is stunning and you may be more apt to do a different tour. best of luck and happy sailing, ben

4. Re: Know a good Guided Excursion? Los Haitises National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2010, 06:38