We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabarete Jazz Festival 2010

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Cabarete Jazz Festival 2010

If you're on the north coast over the weekend 26th/27th/28th November the annual Cabarete Jazz Festival will be on. I was coincidentally in Cabarete a couple of years ago when this was on. Even as someone who isn't a huge jazz fan, I had a great weekend. Cabarete was really busy, especially on the Sunday when lots of Dominicans visited the beach. There was a large stage built on the beach and a great atmosphere. If you can be there, make the effort.

A few photos from 2008:

flickr.com/photos/…

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,202 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabarete Jazz Festival 2010

iom_keith

Thanks for posting this. I was going to post it on the Puerto Plata thread but see you beat me to it. I may still put on the PP thread so more people see it.

We have gone the last three years and it has been terrific. This year my 83 year old mom will be visiting at that time so we will be taking her.

BObK

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabarete Jazz Festival 2010

I'll start looking at flights & bank balance, I'm getting Cabarete withdrawal symptoms! If I can manage an 'early winter' trip, I'll aim for the jazz festival weekend!

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,202 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabarete Jazz Festival 2010

Let me know and we maybe can tip a presidente or two.

BObK

4. Re: Cabarete Jazz Festival 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2011, 06:23