We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise and Stay to Dominican Republic

UK
14 posts
Save Topic
Cruise and Stay to Dominican Republic

Hi Everyone

We've booked a Thomson cruise and stay holiday in January 2011 from Gatwick airport to La Romana ,Domican Republic. On board the Thomson Destiny for 7 days then back to La Romana to stay for 7 days at Dreams La Romana.

We've not been on this type of holiday before so any advice or information would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
La Romana
La Romana
Dominican Republic
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,060 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise and Stay to Dominican Republic

Though not lots of people, many people do this and it's a great vacation. There are many wonderful destinations in the world, and in the Caribbean, but I've heard from LOTS of people who said that they're port stop in La Romana was the highlight of their cruise. To have a whole week there after your cruise should make for a very special and memorable trip.

You've picked what I think is the best resort in the area to spend your week and you'll have lots to see and do once there. I hope you really enjoy it. While at Dreams you'll be able to see a number of cruise ships on the horizon. You'll end up with the experience of both groups of vacationers!

Kaki

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
La Romana
La Romana
Dominican Republic
UK
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise and Stay to Dominican Republic

Thank you SO much for your reply. It's encouraging to be reassured that we've made a good choice as it can be rather bewildering looking at all the options.

As the weather here in UK gets colder and the days get shorter we're really looking forward to our holiday in the sun.

We have booked this holiday to celebrate a special birthday and my husband's retirement - so we would love to have an ocean view in a reasonably quiet room. I'm not sure if I can request a particular block/room by emailing the hotel in advance but as I occasionally have difficulty walking, it would be good to be fairly central to everything if that's possible.

I've tried to read all the other posts about the hotel and it sems as if it could be a good move to upgrade to a 'Preferred room' - would you recommend that as an option? - and if so should this be done before we travel or on arrival? I seem to remember reading that the price can vary according to how full the hotel is........ and that there could be scope for negotiation. What would you advise?

Thank you for taking the time to help us - it's very much appreciated

3. Re: Cruise and Stay to Dominican Republic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2011, 06:16