We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for 2 female travelers in DR?

Portland OR
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for 2 female travelers in DR?

I am treating my sister to a 11 night trip to any place she wants to go in celebration of her 50th b-day in April, 2012. Dominican Republic is on the list but I don't know enough about it to know even where on the island to start looking for accommodations that would meet our needs.

We are still very much fun loving, so we need some mixed-age late night nightlife nearby, and we love live music and dancing. We prefer to be very close or on a beach, preferably NOT with howling winds and too much current/chop to swim. I don't think a hotel will work as we need 2 separate bedrooms but really prefer to stay in the same unit. And I don't think I want to do all inclusive (not sure), but I DO want us to get spoiled plenty! We love to enjoy local hangouts that are safe and fun. We love to eat at local, family run restaurants if at all possible, and we love to bargain shop. We are looking forward to sea-kayaking and a hike or two. Any advice would be appreciated!

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for 2 female travelers in DR?

Cabarete on the north coast via POP airport.

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for 2 female travelers in DR?

agree with rv. also bayahibe via LRM airport or las terrenas via SDQ are good options. this site gives a good overview of various parts of the island, http://dr1.com/travel/ decide which fits your idea of a nice vacation and then seek some more specific info. happy traveling, ben

Portland OR
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for 2 female travelers in DR?

Thank you so much. Cabarete looks like it might be a good fit for us. I will start my research :)

4. Re: Best place for 2 female travelers in DR?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 00:17