We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please offer recommendations for Dom Rep location w teen

Philadelphia...
2 posts
Save Topic
Please offer recommendations for Dom Rep location w teen

Will travel in late July with my preteen son. Looking for a good beach location with activities and access to go off hotel site into town, adventure around, Prefer all inclusive and not formal attire required. Which DR locations and hotels do you like?Thank you!

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,072 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Please offer recommendations for Dom Rep location w teen

Cabarete Wyndham Viva Tangerine or Bayahibe.

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please offer recommendations for Dom Rep location w teen

90% of US tourists go to punta cana for the ease of travel and choice in all inclusives. it has nice beaches but the town, per se, is not authentic dominican and it is far from alot of natural attractions (just my opinion and not meant to stir up trouble). it is difficult for me to advise americans to go to my favorite spot (samana peninsula) because there are no flights close to there from the US and the transfer can be a bit expensive and time consuming. if your son is adventurous and you like nature as much or more than the mega resorts it is worth the effort, however. the three gran bahia resorts there are cayacoa, el portillo and cayo levantado. the flights into SDQ (santo domingo airport) are usually cheaper and may offset the transfer cost enough to make them worthwhile. bayahibe and cabarete, as rv said, are nice also and have what you describe. happy travels, you'll love the DR no matter which area you decide, ben

Bath, Maine
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please offer recommendations for Dom Rep location w teen

It is not at the beach, but Rancho Wendy is quite nice and inexpensive. It is in Bonao and one can ride horseback up into the mountains, and visit the precolombian art sites. I didn't do it since I had just had heart surgery when I was there. But we paid less than $20 a night and the meals were cheap. The swimming pool was closed, and maybe permanently. The owner had died the year before and who knows if they are still open. But check out their website. From STI Airport in Santiago it cost only a couple of dollars by bus.

4. Re: Please offer recommendations for Dom Rep location w teen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 01:15