We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weddings in Punta Cana

TORONTO
Level Contributor
335 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
weddings in Punta Cana

Im wondering if its possible to avoid all the extra spending and bs fees etc if I get married in canada then have the cerimony in Pc ? Basically I would like to have the same type of cerimony just not the extra fees of leagalization/translation etc. I really dont care if my Dominican wedding is legal in canada or not " I just want the guests to think it is..."any info is helpful

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weddings in Punta Cana

Absolutely!!!!

Most resorts will do the ceremonies without the judge there!! (Its just like renewing the vows.. )

There was a couple at Secrets doing exactly that.. they had no judge, they got married a week earlier in Toronto.

TORONTO
Level Contributor
335 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weddings in Punta Cana

hey bellasky, what does the judge have to do with it ? Not really framiliar with the whole dominican wedding thing....is the judge the priest? Will it still be "just" like a wedding ?

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weddings in Punta Cana

The judge performs the legal ceremony, it's not a priest.

If you dont want a legal ceremony, it will still be like the real wedding, but you will have the resort coordinator perform the ceremony.

pa
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weddings in Punta Cana

Do you know if you are able to have a priest perform the ceremony. Also, at what resort did you stay and how did you like it?

5. Re: weddings in Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 07:18