We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What city is best?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What city is best?

When I go on vacation I like to travel and see everything. It's very rare to see me by the pool or on the beach. I am very adveturous and want to zip line, scuba dive, deep sea fish, plus see all of the land marks and historical buildings of DR. Is it easy to get around to all the places on the island? What city would be the best location to do EVERYTHING?

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,853 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What city is best?

Puerto Plata, Cabarete, Las Terenas, Bayahibe to name a few that have many excursions and local life and easy to get around.

You cannot get around the whole island easily, it is huge and 2 nations.

Las Galeras...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What city is best?

and don't forget Las Galeras where we have the 2 best, according to DIver magazine, dive sites the island has to offer just in front of our beach and some of the most experienced deep sea fishing excursions and very close proximity to ziplining. Horse riding, quads, hiking, cliff jumping are all here too together with some great local Dominican food and European style restaurants. Have a look at Anthony Bourdain travel show when he visited the DR and you will get a real feeling of life here.

www.youtube.com/watch…

The island is very beautiful but also very large and is impossible to see everything so expect to come back!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,782 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What city is best?

The Dominican Republic is large and varied you won;t be able to see it all.

Santo Domingo has much of what you want especially local life + histroy but no beach. You could then go on to another location for the beach etc - Las Terranas, Carebette etc..

4. Re: What city is best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2014, 05:16