We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General info about Bayahibe?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
404 posts
Save Topic
General info about Bayahibe?

Hi fellow travel addicts!

I've been posting a lot the past few days, trying to narrow down a DR destination for my spouse and myself. I think I may have decided on Bayahibe. We are scuba divers, and I've found through this website and Scuba Board that Bayahibe has the best scuba diving. I've been searching for some general information on what the town of Bayahibe is like, but am not coming up with much.

In addition to scuba diving, we also enjoy laying on the beach, trying different restaurants, and spending a few hours at a quieter bar chatting with random people. :) We are not big party-people, so nightclubs are not high on our list. Also we are not big shoppers, except for the requisite cheesy souveniers for family members.

So far, the only thing I know about Bayahibe is:

--Small fishing town

--Lots of scuba operators

--A few all-inclusive resorts

--Two beaches: one public, one private

We rent apartments by the week when we travel (as opposed to staying at an all-inclusive or a hotel), so we will need to go into town for restaurants and bars, etc., rather than relying on restaurants/bars at the resort.

My questions are:

--How many and what type of restaurants are available in Bayahibe?

--Bars/pubs? How late are they open at night?

--Grocery store?

--What kind of shopping is available?

--How is the public beach?

--Is there a place we could rent a moped/scooter/bicycle to possibly take a day trip to the National Park Este? (We are both mopedders at home here in Minneapolis, and have lots of experience driving mopeds.)

Muchas gracias, amigos!!! Thanks so much in advance for your help with my silly questions!

The 3 Eyes National Park
Geologic Formations, National Parks
Haitises National Park
Nature & Wildlife Areas, National Parks, Caverns & Caves
Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
40,909 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: General info about Bayahibe?

It would be far better to repost your questions in the specific Bayahibe forum......where I am sure you will get a far better response, than here in the general Dominican Republic forum where there is not much traveller traffic.

Here is the direct link to the Bayahibe forum.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g663484-i11771-B…

Good Luck with your continued research.

Angie.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
404 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: General info about Bayahibe?

Will do! Thanks Angie.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
40,909 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: General info about Bayahibe?

Your welcome, once again Good Luck with your research.

Angie.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: General info about Bayahibe?

I responded to your post in Bayahibe forum already :)

Let me know if you have more questions

Denise

5. Re: General info about Bayahibe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2014, 05:18