We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can't decide between Santo Domingo or Punta Cana

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
can't decide between Santo Domingo or Punta Cana

My wife and my daughters (13 and 15) can't decide where to go/stay in Dominican Republic for a quick 3-4 day Thanksgiving getaway. Any suggestions?? I would consider us as a 3.5 star type travelers but with only a few days don't mind going to a nice resort. We are also torn between Domincan Republic and Puerto Rico..

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can't decide between Santo Domingo or Punta Cana

Depends what you are looking for. Santo Domingo is the capital of 2 million + people. The main reason for going there would be to stay in the Zona Colonial. Punta Cana is an AI ghetto. If you are looking for a beach holiday thtis would be the place to go.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,902 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: can't decide between Santo Domingo or Punta Cana

As Domingo said, depends on what you are looking for. A city vacation or and AI "ghetto" vacation. Good one Domingo!

City or Beach basically.

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can't decide between Santo Domingo or Punta Cana

I've heard more about Punta Cana than Santo Domingo so i started my airfare search and noticed the airfare was $400higher per person to fly into Punta Cana. That's why i was asking if Santo Domingo would be just as nice. We would like to find a place to really relax and maybe do a 1 type of tour. my girls would probably like hang out at the beach and/or resort pool.. hope this helps what we are looking for. many thanks for any suggestions

4. Re: can't decide between Santo Domingo or Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 05:15