We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best AI resort for early 20's?

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Best AI resort for early 20's?

Looking for advice on a resort that would be a great mix of relaxation, action, nightlife and romance for my daughter and her bf. they are early-mid 20's and would like a nice resort to kick back, relax and then possibly go out in the evenings and have some fun too. Doesn't have to be 5 * probably more 4-4.5*, just not a run down place....Thanks!

Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
2,992 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best AI resort for early 20's?

where in the DR would be suitable really depends on the type of holiday you want ...so heres a bit of general info for you ..........

Punta Cana, Bayahibe, La Romana ...are more of a resort based holiday as not alot to do off resorts apart from organised tours but these are easy to book , All resort are very large to huge with there own choice of a la cartes and entertainment/ nightlife,Kids Club and kids entertainment everybody has there own favourite resort but i stayed at Gran Bahia Principe Resort and it was great. as it has some of the best night entertainment and the disco is always quite busy and good .... we are returning on 1st Jan for 2 weeks for a 3rd time

Best Beaches and calmest waters IMHO are in the south east which is Bayahibe or La Romana

Puerto Plata...is the place you can find lots to do off resort many places to visit and it can be done either on an organised tour or off your own back, many areas to stay, Cabarete, Playa Dorada, Sousa, Samana and depending on the area would depend on your choice of hotels ....Cabarete / Sosua is the place for nightlife / partying and dancing ...stayed at Viva Wyndham Tangerine (Cabarete decent 3.5*) and Casa Marina Reef (Sosua decent 3/3.5* for what u pay) ........Playa Dorada is a gated complex (so very safe) of about 6/8 hotels with a plaza that has shops/ bars etc i have stayed at a few hotels in the north think the best was The Gran Ventana at Playa Dorada or the Iberostar at Costa Dorada ....Beaches are nice also and waters are calm and most hotels do kids pool and full entertainment programmes .

May i suggest that you look into which area u would like to stay then post a specific question bout hotels and there facilities (make it as detailed as possible to help narrow down suggestions from poster) on the areas specific forum

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best AI resort for early 20's?

Thank you Ana Maria! Have no idea where to start! Haha! I'll dig a little deeper tonight. Thanks for all your info!!

3. Re: Best AI resort for early 20's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 05:17