We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ambar? Iberostar? funjet? apple? and other questions

NJ
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Ambar? Iberostar? funjet? apple? and other questions

We are trying for the Dominican Republic again (superstorm sandy killed our plans last year) so a few questions and would appreciate answers/opinions.

1. do you still need the "tourist card" and do companies like funjet or apple include that or at least tell you what you have to do?

2. because the insurance was easy and DID pay on cancel for any reason-lol the hurricane at OUR end not theirs!, is using a tour company better than doing all the pieces of a vacation yourself?

3. we are looking at the Ambar and the Iberostar Grand (adults only both). The iberostar is about 900.00 per person MORE, so is it worth the extra money?

4. which trip company is best? i have looked at apple, funjet, and cheap caribbean, is there another i should look at? (btw the ambar is within 100.00 priced between funjet and apple)

Warminster...
Level Contributor
310 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ambar? Iberostar? funjet? apple? and other questions

The tourist card is your $10 payment after exiting the plane.

Ambar is very nice. I think The Grand is better but if it's $900 better is a personal opinion. We liked Ambar very much. is it luxurious? No, but very nice.

We always fly with Apple and always take their travel ins. It costs about $100 and you can cancel at any time for any reason (except passport problems) and get a full refund. We find Apple to be very competitive price wise. Their reps on site are very good. I like having those reps around. Flowered shirts.

Chris

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
510 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ambar? Iberostar? funjet? apple? and other questions

You might want to try Expedia as well. Our past three trips from BWI to Punta Cana we found Expedia to be cheaper then Apple by a few hundred dollars pp. In m opinion book Ambar. I don't think Iberostar is worth $900 more pp.

3. Re: Ambar? Iberostar? funjet? apple? and other questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 05:18