We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guy's Winter Vacation DR Punta Cana, La Romana?

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Guy's Winter Vacation DR Punta Cana, La Romana?

The boys and I are heading out to a warm location for a week or so and picked DR because it's a good location for all to fly to. Below are the top three spots that we found with some quick internet searches. Looking for the area with most fun group dynamics for mid 20s age, some ladies, some nightlife, all have decent beaches it appears, some cigars.

Pros/Cons:

1. Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa Punta Cana,

2. Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach La Romana

3. Barcelo Punta Cana

Any recommendations? Any different places?

Thanks!

nyc
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guy's Winter Vacation DR Punta Cana, La Romana?

I could tell you only about the viva beach. good clear n calm caribean water, sunset view, long beach, party atmosphere. The viva palace rooms are remodeled , and getting the reservation thru the viva website and becoming a member will get you name brand booze and access to all(VIP). Also more ala carte options then the palace side. This resort also has snorkling off the beach , trapize, and island/scuba excursions from their beach, soccer field, tennis.

The cons for this property, there is mostly italian and spanish spoken here in case you want to mingle. Theres been alot of complaints of the older rooms on the beach side of the resort and of the food. The food was good at the palace side, and the ala carte during my visit and I do speak spanish so that didnt affect me.

Now for the other 2, the palladium is more upscale, and both resorts are on the atlantic ocean. The beach hear is good with some mild wave action.

2. Re: Guy's Winter Vacation DR Punta Cana, La Romana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 05:17