We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrived at Breathless!

spikeysmom
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Arrived at Breathless!

So we made it! It was snowing on our way to the airport so this is amazing. First of all the new road is open. We arrived and checked in to our exhale club easily. Slightly confusing but fine.

Grounds and room are gorgeous!! There are some flies but it is the Carribean. Nothing out of control that I can see.

Went to dinner at the French restaurant. It was pretty good but only that and the Asian were open. Lots of waiting and confusion. The lobby bar and itailan place were taken over by photo shoot. We were given a list of restaurants and even asked if they were all open.. They aren't.. Disappointing that the staff gives wrong info.

The wine and liquor situation is well below expectations. I can go with opening glitches but no wine list? Even for purchase? Also credit card system is down so everything on property is cash.. Could be a problem for some if you need something major.

All in all great.. I'm just happy not to be home! It is not perfect but much better than I expected. I do want the fine wines and liquor a advertised though.:(

Sitting here on my patio drinking coffee writing a review-- wifi works fine!

If you have questions.. Just ask it's not nearly as bad as people are imagining!

Dawn

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,688 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrived at Breathless!

Hi Dawn,

You have inadvertently posted in the general Dominican Republic forum, I would suggest you repost in the specific Punta Cana forum where you have previously, as you will get a far better response and feedback from travelers ..............as this general Dominican Republic forum does not get much traveler traffic and is only read by very few.

Here is the direct link to the Punta Cana forum

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g147293-i28-Punt…

Angie.

2. Re: Arrived at Breathless!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 05:17