We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusive

cubsfan0624
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
all inclusive

This summer we are looking to go to our first all-inclusive. Of course, we want EVERYTHING at a good price :-). There will be 2 18 year old girls, a 21 year old guy and 2 parents. Based on reviews and budget we are looking to stay at the best RIU for (probably in this order):

Great beaches

Great Pools

Pretty resort

Near a town so we can explore away from the resort

Food

Activities and Entertainment

I won't say money is no object, but all the RIU are in our budget. If you love another brand, feel free to let me know, as well. THANKS!!!!

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
707 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all inclusive

The rui is not near the town area. U will need a taxi.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,558 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: all inclusive

cubsfan

May I suggest you post in the specific Punta Cana sub forum where you will get a far better response and feedback from travelers to any questions pertaining to the Rius ............I am sure they will be able to help you out............as this general Dominican Republic forum does not get much traveler traffic and is only read by very few.

Here is the direct link to the Punta Cana forum

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g147293-i28-Punt…

Angie.

nyc
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: all inclusive

You should look at the Dreams properties. They offer alot for the same price as Riu .

Some great options is no writbands and no reservations needed for ala carte dinners. I dont see a need for upgrading at the Dreams resorts, unless being isolated from kids and other guest is a priority. There are 2 dreams at punta cana and 1 at laromana (bayahibe). All resorts are 35 to 50 minutes from PUJ airport.

The one in laromana offers a village outside the resort, which allows you to eat out, if you choose to. Most resturaunts offer fresh seafood. This location is also the closest for excursions to 2 islands, and is near the natinal park for hiking.

Do some research in bayahibe forum.

4. Re: all inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 06:18