We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best white sand beach with calm water

Kansas City
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Best white sand beach with calm water

Hello everyone!

We are hoping to travel to the Dominican Republic this July. We are looking for the best beach with white powdery sand, calm waters and good snorkeling. We would like a hotel that is NOT enormous but big enough for options for different places to eat and things to do and an ocean view room. We would like a Spa for massages and plan to be on the beach all day long, so decent lounge chairs are also important. Palapas would be nice too. Which area/beach would you recommend and is there a specific hotel you would recommend? I look forward to hearing from all of you soon! Thank You!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,575 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best white sand beach with calm water

Hi nene

You might like to repost your question on both the Punta Cana and Bayahibe sub forums to get the best response and feedback as this general Dominican Republic does not get read by many.

Here is the direct link to the Punta Cana forum.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g147293-i28-Punt…

Direct link to the Bayahibe forum

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g663484-i11771-B…

Angie.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best white sand beach with calm water

With it sounding like beach is your preference I like Dreams La Romana. Absolute calm glue waters and white beach on the carribean side (vs. Bavaro-Punta Cana is actually around corner on Atlantic). There is some snorkeling you can do at the resort and a good base to do further snorkeling excursions.

Very good spa. I would consider it a large-medium sized resort with lots of good restaurants (8 different dinner restaurant options) and plenty to do (not too small and not a big mega resort). Easy to walk to everything (not like the mega resorts needing golf carts to move you around).

Their partial ocean view rooms angle toward the ocean (not directly facing). There are a few suites on the ends of the room blocks that face directly to ocean.

nyc
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best white sand beach with calm water

I second bayahibe pick. Its easier to get to, great for excursions, the beach is great, sunset over the water.

Dreams laromana offers a good deal with regular rooms (no real need to upgrade).

There are other options, depending on budget. Do some research in the bayahibe forum and reviews.

Punta cana has some great beaches to offer, bavaro being the most calm, theres so many hotels to choose from.

Bayahibe is special for regular visitors to the dominican republic

4. Re: Best white sand beach with calm water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 05:20