We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beaches in Domenican

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Beaches in Domenican

Planning a 2 week vacation July/Aug with clean, calm ocean with powder white sand. I have been to Punta Cana several times but the ocean seems to be a bit rough for me. Looking for a 5 plus resort that caters to young adults(19 years) as well as myself and my husband. Interested in excellent food selection and nightly entertainment. Can anyone suggest a resort. thanks,

nyc
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beaches in Domenican

do some research in the bayahibe forum if you like calm seas, excursions, seafood, a little local life.

we did stay at the viva dominicus palace. It had a fun party atmosphere every night, outdoors. the resorts doesnt offer the "Best Food" in the area, but for its wide beach, on site beauty, 7 ala cartes, 3 buffets, super calm baby blue colored water, and soft white sand, its a great option. This resort had a very good rate as well.

the other 2 options, more pricier theres dreams laromana and iberostar hacienda. Dreams offers a no reservation system for dinner and is a short walk from a small village. lots of outdoor dinning, excursions and bars. iberoster gets positive review for its food and layout as well, iberostar is next door to viva wyndham dominicus. Ive heard the age group at DRL is mostly 35+ married folks and children, and im unsure about the Iberostar.

do some research over at the bayahibe forum and hotel reviews to make your choice.

this area , by the way , has mostly italian, fench ,south american tourist, so english is not necessarily the dominant language. it didnt bother me with my spanish skills.

2. Re: Best Beaches in Domenican

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 06:15