We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

Oswiecim, Poland
Level Contributor
11 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

I have a question. We are backpacking in november and I need to know how to get from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas? What is the best ride and how much is it cost?

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,052 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

Take a bus, I hope you have some basic Spanish:

From Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas 5 times a day, 5AM, 7Am, 9AM, 2PM and 3:30PM called Transporte Las Terrenas, 1-809-687,1470 (Santo Domingo) & 809-240-5302 (Las Terenas). They will meet you at the bus kiosk located at the entrance to the new highway north to Samana. While en route call the bus phone number and tell them you need to be picked up at the entrance to the new highway. The bus will drop you off down in the tourist sector of Las Terrenas across from El Paseo Plaza. You'll need a Taxi from SDQ to the Bus Kiosk, tell the Taxi, "entrada a carretera nueva a Samana" if he doesn't speak English.

The bus is cheap, around350-400 pesos and best to have pesos.

Edited: 17 October 2012, 21:49
Oswiecim, Poland
Level Contributor
11 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

Is the same way by the bus like a caribetour bus?How long does it take?Do I need call for the bus and wait for these hours?If I'm understand

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

The Caribetour bus goes the same route but only goes to Sanchez or Samana de la Santa Barbara, not directly to Las Terrenas as the bus RV has described.

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

When taking the CaribeTours bus, the driver will make a stop if you want to continue to Las Terrenas. He will advise you when to get off and which steps to take. Knowing Spanish will help - but any local can help you if you say "guagua (pronounced like wawa) Las Terrenas"

5. Re: How to get from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2013, 10:18