We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Which Santo Domingo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Topic
Cab from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

My boyfriend and I will be traveling from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana i've been quoted rates of 160.00 is there anyway to find a less expensive alternative..taxi/private car not looking to travel by bus. Any suggestions would be helpful

Harlingen, TX
Level Contributor
664 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cab from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

@jewels6812 -

Contact Hotel Atarazana by e-mail and ask for the e-mail address of their exclusive taxi driver, Jesus. He speaks great English and his shuttle van is new, clean, and has great air conditioning. I used him three times during my recent week in Santo Domingo. I don't know what he would charge for a trip from SD to PC, but it's at least a start for you. Good luck!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cab from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Are you leaving from the city or from Santo Domingo airport to go to Punta Cana. The taxis at the airport will charge $175 to the Punta

Cana/Bávaro hotels so either way $160 is a good deal.

St. Louis
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cab from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

We have traveled several times from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana by bus, the last time it was 500 pesos PP so like 12.50 U.S. It is a direct route and takes about 2 hours. Bus is big with tvs and AC.

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cab from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Bulldog was you trip to puerto plata or punta cana because from santo domingo to punta cana is about 4 hrs.

St. Louis
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cab from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Punta Cana, they finished the new highway and now it's about 2 hours, you only go thru 1 town, the rest is all 4 lane now.

6. Re: Cab from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 October 2013, 19:05
Boston
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cab from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Hi

we have flown into sdq last November. The rate you were quoted is right in sync. We use www.mydominicantransfers.com we have used them twice and are using them again flying into sdq to PC Pm me if you need more information.

London
Level Contributor
124 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cab from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Hello there, I am really interested in the bus mentioned here between Santo Domingo and Punta Cana, please could you let me know the name/website. I'll be doing the trip alone in March and the private shuttle prices are frightening me!!!

Thank you in advance :o)

Maya

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,772 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cab from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Bavaro Express is the bus line Mayo. Look under the link Top Questions at the top right of your screen on this page.

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cab from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Hi bulldog65686, is it easy to get from the SDQ airport to the bus station at Juan Sanchez Ramirez? It's so difficult to find information about the Bavaro Express online. Thank you in advance.

Get answers to your questions about Santo Domingo