We are a family of 4 leaving in Florida: 2 adults and 2 kids aged 11 and 13.
We are planning a trip for the first time into the DR and planning on staying in Santo Domingo.
Our trip will be about a 13-day trip in December.
We want to visit main attractions and are more into nature, culture, sightseeing, mountain environments, historical places and a little bit of the beach. We live on the beach in Florida. So main purpose of our trip is not sunbathing or beach-going, but rather to explore history, customs, culture, main sites and attractions, trips to the mountains, nature...etc.
With that in mind, we'd like to visit, while in Santo Domingo and this being our central point in SD, the following (perhaps day trips):
- Jarabacoa & Constanza areas
- La Romana area
- Samana area
1) Do you suggest we rent a vehicle while in Santo Domingo to visit the above areas or do we get Caribe Tour for the day trips or stays above?
2) We also want to take a tour/excursion to Cap Haitien to visit La Citatel, Palais Sans-Souci and other historical place in Cap Haitian.We can spend 1 night in Cap Haitien if need be at Habitation Jouissant or Hotel Mont Joli.
What is the best organized tour from Santo Domingo to Cap Haitien or transportation from Santo Domingo to Cap Haitien?
3) In Cap Haitien, what is a reliable an affordable tour guide to take us around to visit the historical places therewhen in Cap haitien?
4) Can you help us with an itinerary that will be outlined from December 20 - January 1 with some must-sees and must-dos when in the DR?
Many thanks for all your help.