We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfers to Samana DR

Which Santo Domingo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houma, Louisiana
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfers to Samana DR

Hello All, I will be going to Cayo Levantado samana in January. Does Anyone know a safe, Reliable, awesome, great company that offers transfers from the Airport in Santo Domingo to Samana(cayo Levantado)? I heard of Dominicanshuttles.com, but I've never been to DR, so I am booking blindly. IF anyone has heard of good one's please let me know..

Thanks!!

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
16,947 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfers to Samana DR

Don't know of any that make that trip but plan on spending lots of $$$$. It will be about a 7 hour transfer and a taxi will run $300-400 each way. Any chance you can change airports??

BObK

Houma, Louisiana
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfers to Samana DR

Well I've researched it and everywhere I saw it says 2-3 hours and most people say that's about average. 7 hours would be nuts! Hopefully that's not the case.

nyc
Level Contributor
2,239 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfers to Samana DR

Look into taking the flight from jfk if you can. The ride is 3 1/2 hours each way. A taxi outside the airport is cheaper and easy to get, when theres more then 1 passenger.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,681 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfers to Samana DR

From SDQ to Samana the taxi costs about $225 o/w and is about 2.5 hours. Jet Blue has flights from JFK 3 days a week but I'd rather drive from SDQ as opposed to driving to JFK, lol. Yes Dominican transfers are a frequently mentioned company on these pages.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
16,947 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfers to Samana DR

yep time is correct. I forgot about the new highway.

BObK

Houma, Louisiana
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfers to Samana DR

Great but what company is good? I just don't want to get ripped off.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Transfers to Samana DR

Check with your hotel as they might provide the service.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
56 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Transfers to Samana DR

I just used Dominican Airport Transfers

Flat rate, licensed and on time both ways.

Pay in advance with credit card no currency hassle and of course any issues contest the charge with credit card co. Very pleasantly surprised as I had fears visiting first time.

Picked up at airport in can by guy holding sign with my name, picked up at hotel for flight home on time no issues.

Not sure what price you will get but can get a quote on web. I use Groundlink in USA and they are great but 5 times price of DAT.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
4 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Transfers to Samana DR

Hi,

toursamanawithterry.com was fantastic! I am not sure what the charge will be since we flew jet blue JFK-AZS but I know he will do SDQ-Cayo Levantado. They were great.. waiting for us on both travel ends, a/c van with cooler full of beverages, knowledgeable friendly drivers and reasonable prices.

Have a great trip!

10. Re: Airport Transfers to Samana DR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Santo Domingo