We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

el tour excursions anyone??

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
el tour excursions anyone??

Just wondering about this tour company...anyone used them? Are they reputable? Do they pick you up in your lobby? Are they in playa dorado plaza? Are they willing to lower their prices if you buy 3 or 4 different tours? Or are they a firm by the book kind of place?? How are their tours? Any info greatly appreciated....thank you

Raymore, Sask...
Level Contributor
599 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: el tour excursions anyone??

Call Mel's Tours in Sosua 809-571-4002. Likely the best prices on the North Coast. Usally has a speical or two going on and will make you a BIG deal on 3 or more tours. Will pick you up and drop you of on just about all tours. Need more info let me know. Have fun.

ontario
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: el tour excursions anyone??

Thanks for the advice...do they have a website? They are located in Sousa but will they pick you up at resorts in puerto plata??

Raymore, Sask...
Level Contributor
599 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: el tour excursions anyone??

As far as I know Mel doesn't have a web site. I have one of his flyers here if you need any more info. Yes he will pick you up and return you to your resort, at no extra charge. He is licenced and insured, NOT all are. My e-mail is:

bwgotto@hotmail.com

Have Fun.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: el tour excursions anyone??

We used Ellle tours in November. My only complaint was that there was no seat belts on the Safari Tour. People getting on the expensive safari booked through the tour companies at the hotel had them.

Other than that the guides were all terrific and we enjoyed our tours. Can't say enough about how friendly and informative the guides were.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: el tour excursions anyone??

Hi funcplont,

Just found a business card from our trip and we used Mel Tours, not Elle Tours! Both companies work out of Sosua.