We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency Conversion Cheatsheets

CT
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Currency Conversion Cheatsheets

Not sure if this has been addressed, but the following site is great.. Not just for dominican pesos, but for all countries basically.

You put in the currency... and it provides you with a cheat sheet of various amounts of conversions... and then it will reverse it as well.

I printed it out for USD to Dominican Peso, and in reverse order... Shrunk it down to size on my copier... put some packing tape (laminating it) on... and stuck it in my wallet! Now i have a pocket reference for conversions...

mytravelguide.com/travel-tools/currency-conv…

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency Conversion Cheatsheets

Hi iasejase, thanks for posting that as it is just what I was looking for.

Newfoundland,Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency Conversion Cheatsheets

excellent idea, Thank you.

North Coast, DR ;-)
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency Conversion Cheatsheets

Sounds perfect for me! Its a lot better than my current cheatsheet - a calculator ;-).

CT
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currency Conversion Cheatsheets

I also checked the conversion.. it seems fairly accurate... Each online website is just a bit different for the exact conversion, but its definetly right in there with the rest of the websites.

North Coast, DR ;-)
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Currency Conversion Cheatsheets

For ease in calculations, most of us just use the 33-1 ratio. The other day I had to exchange money at a money exchange place and she gave me 32.8-1 but that was commisssion, I'm sure.

Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Currency Conversion Cheatsheets

jasejase;

great idea,just printed one for myself for the 19th.heading to the Occidental Grand Puerta Plata{Flamenco}.getting very excited.

thanks again

cathy

7. Re: Currency Conversion Cheatsheets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 08:17