We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Sunburnt

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Sunburnt

I burned in the tanning booth last night and I leave tonight. I went in the stand-up instead of the bed which I usually turn the face part off near the end and I burnt from the chest up pretty bad, what can I do?

birmingham .u.k
Level Contributor
485 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Sunburnt

get some cream with lavender in or go to the local beauty salon ask for some after wax cream should take it down . other than that any after sun cream. bikini.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Sunburnt

Aloe Vera and aspirin. Where you are leaving tonight, be thankful it wasn't somewhere you will be sitting!!

uk
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Sunburnt

Whatever you do.. stay out of the sun when you get there... or you will be very sorry. I did that once when I went to Dubai, I never burn, but after going on a sunbed, then out in the sun... boy did I burn.. very uncomfortable! Anyway, hope you have a great holiday.. I;m flying out tomorrow morning.. looking foreward to some warm weather.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Sunburnt

Check with your tanning salon and see if they sell a product ,the brand name is called California Tan. It is called total insurance after sun lotion. This stuff is amazing. You can only get it at tanning salons that I know of. Its a gel, moisturizer,tan extender and anti-inflammatory . Apply it after your day in the sun each day and you will be amazed at how good this product is. I will never go on holidays without it again. Good Luck.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Sunburnt

thanks for all the suggestions, i work in a salon and put lavender and an intesive hydrating masque on this morning, also i have been putting cold towels on all day between clients and will be slathering on aloe until we leave our house at 3 am

Wolverhampton UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Sunburnt

It might be an old-wives tale but I heard that if you chop a tomato in half and rub it on your skin it's supposed to help...? Heaven knows why, but I suppose when you're desperate you'll try anything!...

Jody : -)

7. Re: Help! Sunburnt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 05:26