We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self-guided taxi tour

3 posts
Self-guided taxi tour

Hi,

I'm travelling to Puerto Plata on the 17th of Dec. Looking to hire a taxi for a "tour" of Puerto Plata. Been many times, never off the resort though. As I've seen in this forum, I've contacted the driver Elias about this.

Looking to do/see a few things around the city including the cable car, the Brugal factory, the Central Park, Fort San Felipe, and walk the Malecon and stop at a couple Casetta's for a few drinks. I'm looking for any suggestions of other things to see/do. Not too interested in the Amber museum.

I'm thinking if I can hire Elias to take us from Lifestyles to cable car and Brugal factory (and any other spots you guys might suggest), then drop us off at the Fort and walk to Central Park and along Malecon from there. Whenever we're done, I imagine it's pretty easy to find another taxi to take us back to Lifestyles???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Matt

14 replies to this topic
Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,411 posts
1 review
1. Re: Self-guided taxi tour

Elias will drop you off wherever you want, he's flexible. Haitian Market is worth a stop in addition to your other choices

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Self-guided taxi tour

When are you there?

Edited: 09 December 2017, 21:07
Florida Keys...
Level Contributor
9 posts
195 reviews
3. Re: Self-guided taxi tour

Call Roberto we used a professional has nice van --- and is Honest--born in Puerto Plata- 809-983-9126 or email--- robertmts@hotmail.com

3 posts
4. Re: Self-guided taxi tour

We fly from Toronto next Sunday (17th) and return home on xmas eve.

I have contacted Elias, and set up a taxi tour. I imagine that on top of paying Elias for our tour, we will have to pay cable car & rum factory admission on our own. Is it better to pay in Dominican Pesos or USD???

Florida Keys...
Level Contributor
9 posts
195 reviews
5. Re: Self-guided taxi tour

Call Roberto we used a professional has nice van -FREE WIFI---- and is Honest--born in Puerto Plata- 809-983-9126 or email--- robertmts@hotmail.com

6. Re: Self-guided taxi tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 December 2017, 01:35

7. Re: Self-guided taxi tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 December 2017, 01:35

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,411 posts
1 review
8. Re: Self-guided taxi tour

Pesos Matt

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
15 reviews
9. Re: Self-guided taxi tour

Highly recommend Elias, we used him for several full day trips as well as airport transfers,

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
41 reviews
10. Re: Self-guided taxi tour

Hi, would you be able to share contact information for Elias? Thanks!

Reply to: Self-guided taxi tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Plata