We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Occidental Grand Puerto Plata - Closet Space

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Topic
Occidental Grand Puerto Plata - Closet Space

Hi, we are leaving on the 18th of April and I was wondering if there are closets at this hotel or just dressers. If anyone out there knows could you let me know if they have closets and is there enough hangers or should I throw some in? In case we get flooded out I would like to hang our clothes up. Thanks.

Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Occidental Grand Puerto Plata - Closet Space

hi there; yes they do have closets there,[we did in bld.14,2nd floor]you can throw in a few hangers if you think you'll need them,there was about 6-8 hangers in ours.make sure you keep your luggage up off the floor in case it gets wet,wet will make luggage heavier and then you will be nabbed at the airport,there were lots got charged when we went through.

have a great trip.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Occidental Grand Puerto Plata - Closet Space

Hi Conn4, thanks for the info. I know you had lots of rain when you were there. That is such a shame when you look so forward to it. I am hoping that the weather has turned around by the time we go.

broxbourne herts
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Occidental Grand Puerto Plata - Closet Space

got back this sunday morning and in our 2nd week the sun was shining longer each day so good luck and fingers crossed for you. If you shop in Plaza area ask for your change in US dollor or you will be given Dom Rep money and it is not as versitile or easily spendable if you go out on trips. We did the outback safari, northern lights trip and ocean world all good fun. Heard thre rafting was terryifying and the paradise isle was a vey small island with 4 shacks on for food and drink BUT great if you can snorkel. Hope you enjoy and the sun shines for you.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Occidental Grand Puerto Plata - Closet Space

Hi Jamesmum1, thanks for the info. We were planning on taking mostly DR money but from what you say it sounds like we shouldn't. We are from Canada and the travel agency said not to take US and then have to convert to DR as we would be losing twice. We were going to take enough us money for tips and to get out of the country and a safety deposit box. We thought we would take DR money and if we need some more we would go to a bank machine. From what I have been reading most beach vendors and shops like DR money? True or not? We are booked for the Outback Safari and are looking forward to it. Did you think it was worth the money? We are sure looking for good weather but it is not looking to promising. Do you have any tips on the Occidental Grand of things that were good or bad. I will watch for your response. Thanks.

5. Re: Occidental Grand Puerto Plata - Closet Space

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 09:25