We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monster Truck Safari: Is it for people with back troubles?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Monster Truck Safari: Is it for people with back troubles?

Hello, I'll be going to Breezes next week with a bunch of relatives and my mother would like to know if the Monster Truck Safari is alright to go on if you have a bad back. Is it a very bumpy ride?

If so what would an ideal excursion for her be? We'll be doing Ocean World .. any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monster Truck Safari: Is it for people with back troubles?

I have been on a number of Jeep Safaris in Puerto Plata. I have been having back problems myself and have been seeing a physiotherapist. We were planning on taking a safari, but because of the amount of rain that Puerto Plata has been getting, I can only imagine the conditions off road. I have decided it's not worth the risk, and won't be going on the safari this trip. I know previously how bumpy it was, I mean really bumpy, and there is absolutely no way my back could handle it. Perhaps a catamaran excursion would be better, and Ocean World would be fine as well.

Have a great trip!

Niki

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Monster Truck Safari: Is it for people with back troubles?

It wouldn't be wortht he risk then, you're right. Thanks so much for gettingback to me :)

Sunderland
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Monster Truck Safari: Is it for people with back troubles?

I found the outback safari too bumpy - i had back troubles last year and was very worried about the roads - they are sooooo bumpy - be careful. I was ok thankfully but the roads are crappy crappy!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Monster Truck Safari: Is it for people with back troubles?

:( It s-cks to hear about the roads. More then likely mom will be the only one out of our large group that won't be able to go. Her back is ok at the moment, she just doesn't want to risk it acting up again.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Monster Truck Safari: Is it for people with back troubles?

Wow I didn't know s-cks (u for the -) was profanity :)

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monster Truck Safari: Is it for people with back troubles?

with all of the rain the roads are in even worse condition. also getting in and out of the truck seemed to be a problem for some on our tour (we did outback safarai)

Lacombe, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monster Truck Safari: Is it for people with back troubles?

We did the monster truck tour on the 30th of March and it was pretty rough. The roads are pretty washed out and there were a lot of little creeks and stuff to cross that required a fair amount of bumping and jarring. Not too much for anyone without back problems, but with them, it could be a bit of a rough experience.

8. Re: Monster Truck Safari: Is it for people with back troubles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 08:28