We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MyTravel flights

west sussex
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
MyTravel flights

We are booked to fly to puerto plata with Airtours/MyTravel

Can anybody tell me what the standard of their planes is ie: legroon, inflight entertainment, meals... do they have seat back tvs. Its a long flight with 2 kids so am hoping they are reasonably good. Thanks

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MyTravel flights

If you enter 'My travel' into the search engine here on this forum you will find hundreds of posts giving you that info

Enjoy

Northumberland
Level Contributor
393 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MyTravel flights

We flew to Puerto Plata with My Travel but we upgraded our flight to Premiar Gold. We got a good deal on it and for such a long flight it was, in my opinion, worth the extra money so unfortunately I cannot comment on legroom in economy but I can say that the flight was good, on time and the meals and entertainment were good. I also liked the fact that coming back the flight left an hour earlier which was great.

manchester
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: MyTravel flights

i work for mytravel airways. You'll probably be on an airbus a330. 360 seats (311 economy +49 premier gold) Seating will be 3+3+3 apart from in the rear cabin where from rows 39-46 it's 2+3+2. Upgrades are approx £100 per person each way and can be done on board. All seats have seatback tv's. Headsets £2.50 each or 4 for £8. you'll get 3 movies plus 3 entertaniment channels, buy some big bottles of water in the terminal as drinks are pricey as we have limited stock and limited space on board, same for snacks etc you'll save a fortune if you've got the munchies. you'll get 2 drinks services and 2 hot meals both ways, just go to the back galley anytime during the flight if you need anything else. one other thing, our crew are great and love to have a natter, we have to do our best with what we're prvoided with. also the ground agent in dominican sometimes gets the aircraft away an hour early so be prepared to board straight after check in. any more questions, keep em comin! Have fun.

manchester
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: MyTravel flights

i work for mytravel airways. You'll probably be on an airbus a330. 360 seats (311 economy +49 premier gold) Seating will be 3+3+3 apart from in the rear cabin where from rows 39-46 it's 2+3+2. Upgrades are approx £100 per person each way and can be done on board. All seats have seatback tv's. Headsets £2.50 each or 4 for £8. you'll get 3 movies plus 3 entertaniment channels, buy some big bottles of water in the terminal as drinks are pricey as we have limited stock and limited space on board, same for snacks etc you'll save a fortune if you've got the munchies. you'll get 2 drinks services and 2 hot meals both ways, just go to the back galley anytime during the flight if you need anything else. one other thing, our crew are great and love to have a natter, we have to do our best with what we're prvoided with. also the ground agent in dominican sometimes gets the aircraft away an hour early so be prepared to board straight after check in. any more questions, keep em comin! Oh yeah the legroom isn't brilliant,Have fun.

west sussex
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MyTravel flights

thank you charterboy for your reply. that was great of you. Good news about the chance of talikg off early on the return flight. NOT that i want to think about coming home before we have even got there but once you are on your way you just want to get going.

Thanks for the tip on stocking up on drinks etc at the airport.if you think of anything else we would be grateful.

manchester
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: MyTravel flights

oh yeah, don't get row 10 or 30/31 cos there's no windows there.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MyTravel flights

we just got back this morning on our my travel flight.

The configuration from row 15 onward is 2 4 2. There are no seat back tv sets, they had the big screens every 10 rows or so. We were a bit dissapointed in this as I checked this out by phone before we went and was told there were seat back TV's.!!

Legroom is not great, especially when the person in front has their seat reclined.

west sussex
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MyTravel flights

OH NO!!! that doesn`t sound too comfortable. Was your flight from gatwick?? Any body else travelled to/from puerto plata/gatwick lately and found the same? We were especially hoping for seat back tvs... not been on a plane without them in years even on short haul. Only 9 days to go now!! Cant wait... staying at oasis marien....any body else on this site due there then or just back with any info.

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MyTravel flights

Hey Georgie!!

Ive just booked to go to the Marien Coral next year with Mytravel so let me know how you get on please. Have a wicked time!!!

Wiltshire
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: MyTravel flights

Hi I am travelling with an 18 month old baby!! I am alittle bit nervous about i, has anyone else travelled with little ones and do you have any tips to keep her amused on the flight?????

Any advice appreciated!