We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photo lab Caribbean St

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Topic
Photo lab Caribbean St

Has anyone used the photo shop at Caribbean St? What are the quality of the photos like and will they put them onto disc as well.

canada
Level Contributor
346 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photo lab Caribbean St

berh i havent used the photo lab there but the one in the plaza is excellent,,they are also the ones that take all the wedding pics. they are very good and quick,i dont know about the disc but for some reason i think they do.have fun deb

Ottawa
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Photo lab Caribbean St

yes...

Quality is good and they will put them on disk...

But the one downfall is the price.

Why not have them download everything on disk for you and get them printed at home..

Save your money.

Dan

Burlington Ontario
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photo lab Caribbean St

The photo shop on Caribbean St takes all the wedding photos.

My daughter recently got married at the Riu Merengue on June 2nd and the photos were ready to view the next day. They were all so lovely we bought a lot and was told that they would be on the CD.

When we got back to Canada and viewed the CD we noticed only the 24 ceremony photos that are included in the wedding package at the resort were on the CD, not the other 50 we bought!! We didnt even get the negatives.

I have since called there to speak to Rosa , the lady at the photo shop and have emailed her but have not had a response.

Maybe its the wrong email address, she doesnt speak very good english and spelled out the email address below.

antillfoto@verizon.net.do

If anyone has another email for the photo shop , please reply , I would really like to get at least the negatives as we paid over $500US for the photos.

canada
Level Contributor
346 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photo lab Caribbean St

we had wedding photos taken by the photographer in the plaza,,they said they do all the weddings?? maybe same company or something,,if you think it is i probably have their card yet,,with email and phone # on it, but they didnt speak good english. let me know if you want it,i will look for it. deb

Burlington Ontario
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photo lab Caribbean St

Deb C......Which plaza are you referring to? There was only one street with stores on it in the Riu complex which was on Caribbean Street. Is this the one you mean?

If it is, I'd really like to have any contact info you may have.

Many thanks.

canada
Level Contributor
346 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Photo lab Caribbean St

the plaza im talking about is the mall in the playa dorada complex,,i think about 20 min from where you will be,,it has very good shopping,,bars,,pizza hut ect. they told me there when they did our sons wedding pics that they do the weddings for all of the puerto plata resorts,,maybe they have branches in different locations,,but if you want i can look for the card or invoice. just let me know deb (they do an excellent job)

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Photo lab Caribbean St

I used the photo shop in Caribbean Street, (Riu's). I had run out of memory, so got them to load all my photos and video clips onto a CD Rom, it came out great. If I remember correctly the price was around US$10 (approx 6 pounds?). Very good value. I don't think I have ever taken so many pictures on a holiday. A few amazing days out my and 256MB memory was full up! The other alternative is to purchase another memory card before you go. Some really cheap deals now if you look online. The one I'd paid 60 pounds for last year is now available at 20 pounds online.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
582 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Photo lab Caribbean St

Hello, I was recently married at the Bachata and the photo shop on Carribean street did the wedding photos. Our wedding planner said they do them all. Anyway, we had no trouble with getting everything we paid for on CD and the pictures were great and ready very quickly. Unfortunately, I don't have an email address for them. I hope you can get a hold of them about your negatives. I'm sure they will be willing to help you. They seemed great when we were there!

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Photo lab Caribbean St

Did you try emailing the resorts themselves. I'm sure one of them will give you either the email address or telephone number.

clubhotel.bachata@riu.com

clubhotel.merengue@riu.com

clubhotel.mambo@riu.com

Good Luck.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Photo lab Caribbean St

Deb C.

If they were all digital.... which I believe that is all they use these days.... they would not have anything for you as they erase everything they do not sell. When we got married at the Bachata they gave us one other day to change our minds and they said they were going to delete everything.

Dan