We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ICD ROACHES ... for those of you who have already been

brooklyn new york
Level Contributor
169 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
ICD ROACHES ... for those of you who have already been

In reading the various reviews and posts it is clear that some people have experienced a roach problem at the ICD lately ... I'm going in the middle of April and detest these things ... Since I'm splitting my time with the Oasis ... I have 4 nights to spend at ICD and prefer if possible not to be sleeping with the roaches ... I'd like to hopefully find a building or 2 where these roaches have not been seen ... I know the have been seen in buildings 6 and 7 ...

IF YOU DID NOT HAVE ROACHES IN YOUR ROOM ... please let me know what building number you were in and what floor ...

Thank you ...

Toronto
Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ICD ROACHES ... for those of you who have already been

No bugs of any kind.....building #2, second floor. Awesome view of pool.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,232 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ICD ROACHES ... for those of you who have already been

it really wouldn't matter what building or floor you are on, if tehre are roaches they make their way through things fast! I wouldn't worry i myself never seen any bugs of any kind while i was there but it is the tropics, there very well coould be as it is normal for the tropics! don't get freked out about them, i know so many resorts spray the whole facilite down to avoid getting any of them at all.

brooklyn new york
Level Contributor
169 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ICD ROACHES ... for those of you who have already been

lin7604 ... you know i've been to the tropics and have seen bugs and expect them ... but i do expect them outside ... occasionally 1 getting in from outside too ... but to see photos of them on the ceiling of the bedroom ... well this just literally makes my skin crawl ... for the moment i'm trying to keep an open mind ... and hoping that there are certain areas of the resorts that where they have not been spotted in the rooms ... just so i know ... what building were you in ... thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ICD ROACHES ... for those of you who have already been

Saw no bugs in my room - had a pool view high floor room block #2 :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
254 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ICD ROACHES ... for those of you who have already been

We and two other couples we travelled with were in Building Three - second floor. We were room 3114 -- I think they were 3113 and 3112. We had no bug problems and a gorgeous view of the pool, especially at night.

London
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: ICD ROACHES ... for those of you who have already been

Building 2 ground floor and never seen any roaches

Innisfil, Ontario
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: ICD ROACHES ... for those of you who have already been

Hi, we were at the ICD Feb 6-20/08 and experienced not one bug in the room we had. We were in block 5 second floor, room #5206.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ICD ROACHES ... for those of you who have already been

we were in room 2011 on feb9-15... no roaches

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ICD ROACHES ... for those of you who have already been

mexican_missez,

I believe in one of your earlier posts you indicated that you (and I’m quoting here...) “only saw a cockroach once outside of our room (tropical country, duh)”.

Given the spirit and intent of this fact finding post, I’d consider this worth clarifying/mentioning. According to PCO’s (a leading pest control company) for everyone cockroach that you see, 300-500 can lurk within the walls, pipes etc, nearby.

As far as rooms go, I have no idea where to request at this point. I too, would be interested in knowing if any buildings are free of cockroaches. We're leaving soon.

I've been to many tropical resorts, and have never had cockroaches in our rooms or even visible throughout the resort.

Tropical country or not, they are clearly controllable.

brooklyn new york
Level Contributor
169 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ICD ROACHES ... for those of you who have already been

thank you everyone ... please keep on responding to this add ...

Insatiable_Travelers ... i agree with you ... just because it's a tropical place does not mean we should sleep with roaches ... i have travelled extensively in the Caribbean and never once had this issue to deal with ....