We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ICD Iberostar Freinds? Yeah or Neah?

toronto
Level Contributor
292 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
ICD Iberostar Freinds? Yeah or Neah?

Got into a little debate wih my wife and daughter last night about our latest trip to the ICD. They both loved the iberostar freinds and thought they made the resort. Most on here know how I feel about the ICD. I realize that most hotels will have budgets set for the number of staff employed around the resort which is why I said what I said. Here is what I said that started it....

I personally feel that the iberostar freinds would better serve the resort by going around with trays in their hands taking drink orders rather than putters, bb guns, and bows and arrows for their childish games. I'll even go as far as suggesting putting some garbage bags in their hands and having them patrol up and down the beach picking up litter instead of trying to pick up my daughter and many other young girls that many in our group wittnessed. Wouldn't cost the hotel a nickel more but certainly would of improved my trip!!!!! Any other guys that have been to the ICD agree?...lol....I already know what most women's response will be. Heck if the Iberostar freinds were all women and acted like they just got out of prison I too might have a differnt veiw of the place...lol....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
271 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ICD Iberostar Freinds? Yeah or Neah?

Sorry sonyone but I totally disagree.

If there were no entertainment staff at the resort, you'd be complaining there was nothing to do but sit around.

I don't need someone to serve me at my lounge chair to have an enjoyable time. I would much prefer getting my own beverage and having activities that I could (and did) participate in.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ICD Iberostar Freinds? Yeah or Neah?

Interesting notion.

I have and do find some entertainment staff annoying, but I think it comes down to individual preferences. Personally I don't find them necessary...I can generate my own fun without any difficulty.

As well, having stayed in resorts with pool and beach service, I would in a heartbeat trade away entertainment staff for better service. No questions...

Also again publically thank you Sonyone for sharing your experiences at the resort with us; especially given the ungracious behaviour that several of the forum posters have shown towards you. They embarrass themselves...enough said.

kitchener
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: ICD Iberostar Freinds? Yeah or Neah?

Sonyone--Agree 110% these guys have the dream job of smooshing people who otherwise get no attention in thier lives.The truth is I already have friends that don't bring me drinks I don't need more.Save your fake compliments and grab me a non watered down drink.

kitchener
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: ICD Iberostar Freinds? Yeah or Neah?

sonyone just one more thing about the games,If people really need to compete while on vacation have games that kill two birds with one stone.HURRY GO GET ME A BEER I'll time you ,my kids love that game and I do to.Invent something like that and I will donate the certificate and 2 dollar T shirt.

toronto
Level Contributor
292 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ICD Iberostar Freinds? Yeah or Neah?

....LOL....

iberocrap

I like the way you think...lol..My kids use to love that game when they were young..lol..You'll find as your kids get older they will put a spin on that game. After you send them for a beer you will have to play a little hide and seek and go look to see where they went to drink it...lol...

Insatiable_Travelers

I'm with you. I can generate my own fun as well. Thanks for taking all my post with a grain of salt and seeing them for what they are. Just a little bit more info that should be mixed in with all the other good and bad info so that travellers can make more informed decissions.

So far I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who felt the ICD could be better utilizing their work force..

6. Re: ICD Iberostar Freinds? Yeah or Neah?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2008, 00:19
Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ICD Iberostar Freinds? Yeah or Neah?

Hahaha

The entire point of a "career" in "animation" is to procure financial gain from tourists. Most of these guys end up marrying larger women from Europe or Canada and end disgracing our country with their conduct once they are there. I agree that they should be getting drinks and cleaning up garbage. If you talk with one of these guys for 2 minutes they will tell you that they consider you family and will start talking about how poor they are even though most have ipods cell phones designer clothes etc. I do not approve of this class of people and agree that their conduct is unprofessional. On a weekend notice how they do not even bother to socialize with Dominican guests, we know what they stand for. Iberostar should not have this type of employee if they want to be considered a luxury hotel.

8. Re: ICD Iberostar Freinds? Yeah or Neah?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

9. Re: ICD Iberostar Freinds? Yeah or Neah?

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ICD Iberostar Freinds? Yeah or Neah?

I'm left wondering about the maturity (or lack thereof...) of some of the posters in this forum. I (perhaps mistakenly) assumed we were all adults and as such capable of holding differing views and opinions without digressing...

None of this should be personalized. We are discussing the merits of a resort, versus its value (albeit perceived) to the consumer.

As such, this forum, and the entire tripadvsior site is dedicated to the open and honest reviews by travelers. Let's start by examining the website's name "TRIPADVISOR". I'm going step out onto a limb here and suggest that perhaps the intent of this website and its forums is to "advise" travelers regarding potential vacation destinations, what to expect for good or bad. Once empowered with this information the traveler will be better able to make an informed decision, or better prepare for a vacation.

This is not a resort "fan site". Resort groupies who do not wish to hear reviews that differ from their own would be well directed to instead post on the resorts own website where customer content is strictly controlled. Plenty of glossy and uninformative reviews to be had there…

As a paying customer, I want to know what others “really” thought of their vacation experience. For good or bad, give me details, pictures, important traveler’s tips – something I can digest and use to better assure that my family and I have the best vacation experience possible.

I’m not sure why some individuals get so hostilely defensive when negative reviews are posted. If you had a great vacation…great, don’t let someone else’s experience influence your memories.

Are the memories and experiences they had at ICD diminished in some way when they encounter views different from their own? Indeed, were this the case, it would suggest either a very narrow view of the world or a certain fragility of one’s personal esteem. I sincerely hope neither for their sakes.

Why do some individuals feel the need to attack/challenge the reviews of other travelers? I’m stunned to see this happening.

What is their fear of hearing reviews that differ from their own?

Their reactions cause me to speculate on their intentions and question their credibility as legitimate posters.

Are their views of the resort somehow more accurate than others?

I applaud the courage and effort taken by all honest posters who share their views of the resort; especially given the lack of civility shown by certain forum “trollers”. That they take the time to defend the veracity of their posts, speaks to their generous and gregarious spirits.

My family will travel to the DR for the first time in less than a week’s time, given what I’ve learned from the resort’s reviews and forums we’ll be better prepared for our vacation at the ICD.

To all posters who’ve shared thank you.

For those forum trollers who lurk in wait for the opportunity to shoddily discredit views differing from their own, shame on you. Your time could be better spent.

"ilittlecricket", your behaviour on this forum is intolerable, you're insulting remarks to your fellow posters is sad statement regarding yourself. As result, I've reported you to the Tripadvisor Forum Administrator.

Personal attacks have no place in a public information sharing forum.