We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What am I forgetting???

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
517 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
What am I forgetting???

Oh my god..I'm so excited to leave I'm gonna puke!! I can't even keep straight the list of things I need to bring. Anything pop into mind that might not be obvious?

liverpool
Level Contributor
213 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What am I forgetting???

you may already know this but i read somewhere that the use of hotel irons are for limited times, so if you insist on getting every last crease out of your clothes like my wife does then may i suggest you take your own.

i am of course talking about the hotel we are going to, the bahia principe others may have a different policy on irons.

deep breaths shelly :-) i`m sure you won`t forget anything of importance in the end.

New England
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What am I forgetting???

This is something I always forget...baby powder...after spending a day in the sun and at the beach..baby powder after your shower for when getting dressed for dinner, etc...keeps skin dry and I find it helps with all that humidity!!!

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
342 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What am I forgetting???

Hey Shelly where are you going? I was glad that I brought my travel hairdryer with me....the one in the hotel gave out the 2nd day there! Travel mug or Bubba keg. Back-pack for excursions. I also brought some granola bars, rice krispy squares and gum....etc. There was a time during the shift rotation in meals that the restaurants were closed. They really came in handy for a light snack around 4 pm. Everyone wanted them!! Bags of chips were about 6 or 7 dollars American for a large bag in the hotel store!!! Last thing I can think of is a calling card if you plan on calling home.

good luck and have a great time!!

Lorrie

Chatham Ontario
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What am I forgetting???

As mentioned I bring an iron, my own hair dryer, and of course salt and sweet snacks for by the pool - we also bring cards, bug "spray" candles as we enjoy sitting on the patio before a late dinner, i-pod or mp3 (I like to run in the mornings...and when wanting to tune everyone else out they work wonderfully), a hat for when the sun is too much...

Wishing I was going... ;) enoy!

Middleton...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What am I forgetting???

Bug spray, Aloe Vera

Moisturizing lotion for after sun..hmm ?

Breath shellymomma! Have a great trip!!

Level Contributor
215 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What am I forgetting???

OMG ~ I feel the same way!! We're leaving next Wednesday for CDM and i'm sooo excited!

Don't forget to pack all your adaptors for your iPod, Camera ect...

Vancouver Island BC
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: What am I forgetting???

As everyone else has said - bring all of your bathroom/sun needs as things are expensive locally.

Also bring a travel mug for your drinks. The lid will come in handy on the beach.

If you have time and space in your suitcasr take a trip to your local dollar and spend about 20 or 30 dollars on things like hair accessories, hats, pens, crayons, chalk, perfume, chocolate etc..the kids and the maids will love you. If you take the safari tour you will have an opportunity to meet the local kids and they so enjoy the gifts. Our local dollar sells nothing for more than $1 and we got things like back packs, perfume and more. School suppliers are always appreciated.

Have a great holiday....

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What am I forgetting???

I can't help but wonder how much does your luggage weigh when you're finnished with all the packing?

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
517 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What am I forgetting???

We're going to Sun Village Resort april 10th to 17th...can't wait!! I would have never thought of the hair dryer and baby powder thanks guys.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
919 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What am I forgetting???

Take any OTC meds you may need ie: Pepto, Benedryl, itch cream etc...they will be expensive there and when you need it, you need it! Have a great time:)