We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight deals

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham .u.k
Level Contributor
485 posts
1 review
Save Topic
flight deals

hi can anyone tell me who they think is best on line for cheap flights from either santo domingo or puerto plata to england,bikini

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight deals

Charter flights don't operate out of Santo Domingo to the UK, so PoP will be cheapest. A return ticket must be booked with the UK charters though, so no option for an open-ended ticket.

birmingham .u.k
Level Contributor
485 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: flight deals

ok great thanks for your help was starting to think no one wants to come to england ha ha wonder why!!!!!!!!!!!!! bikini.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
455 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight deals

England.....Tax Tax and more Tax, then there's the price of Fuel and More Tax and the Elecy and Gas and more Tax then Council TAX, the list goes on so don't come here unless you want no money !!!!! of course if you work for the Government or Tax office this might not apply.........

England
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: flight deals

Hi,

You will have to book a return if you are booking it from here. I am having the same problem as my husband is Dominican and is coming here next month.

I have to book a return for him and then just not use the outbound flight!!!!

You will only get a direct flight out of Puerto Plata, Thomson are one of the better ones as some airlines will cancel the inbound flight if you don't use the outbound. Thomson don't do that.

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
855 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flight deals

yep I've had this problem many times when I have extended my stay in the DR....I've had to book a return flight from the UK to POP and only done the second leg of the journey to get back to England. I know thomson are ok with this and let you use the return part of the ticket but I think Thomas cook wont let you fly home if you didn't board in the uk.

Keep checking the websites as they vary in price each week but with all the added tax they are not getting much cheaper.I paid £255 return this january for flight only and looking at next january its nearly £200 more.....

sam

birmingham .u.k
Level Contributor
485 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: flight deals

cheers thanks for replys,bikini

7. Re: flight deals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 01:20