We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in may/june in dom republic

cumbria england
Level Contributor
20 posts
26 reviews
weather in may/june in dom republic

we are planning to visit on may 30th for 2 weeks the only thing we rare worried about is the weather. like everyone we work hard hard all year this will be our first vacation in two years as money has been tight. we will hate to spend all our hard earned cash and end up siting in our room all weeks as this has happened before.

i have read several sites and the info is all different so im even more confused!!!!!

has anyone been round this time of year before?

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
18,360 posts
352 reviews
1. Re: weather in may/june in dom republic

Do not believe the online forcasts. They show rain every day. NOT THE CASE!

June is one of my favoirte months here. It is after "rain season" and before the sweltering summer heat. It is also before the tourist bump we get in late june and july.

Temps are warming up with daytime highs in the upper 20s-low 30s. Evenings are still cool and comfortable but getting warmer every day (mid 20s).

Over your two week stay you should have lots more sun then rain. So relax and enjoy your trip.

You can follow daily reports on my thread BObKs weather for Puerto plata. I try to post every day.

BObK

cumbria england
Level Contributor
20 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: weather in may/june in dom republic

thankyou

cleveland
Level Contributor
393 posts
3. Re: weather in may/june in dom republic

HI, we are also going around this time (29th from Manchester), it'll be our 8th visit around this time of the year and have only had rain once, not the full day more of a flash shower.

Once you sample the delights of the Dominican you will be smitten for life.

Regards Mary

cumbria england
Level Contributor
20 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: weather in may/june in dom republic

are you staying at the iberostar costa dorado? have you stayed there before or at any of the riu hotels?

Commack, New York
Level Contributor
147 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: weather in may/june in dom republic

we will be staying at the wyndham

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
21 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: weather in may/june in dom republic

Hi ~

I don't mean to be a pessimist, but my hubby took me two years ago for my 40th (May 31st) and it rained quite a bit during that time. The Dominicans told us that this time of year was their "rainy season", which we had no clue. We typically go there in February, which has always been awesome weather. Hopefully you'll have some good sunny days while there in May though! :)

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
68 reviews
7. Re: weather in may/june in dom republic

I always travel there the first week or 2 of May and have had excellent weather always !! My favourite time to visit,

blondie *

devon
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: weather in may/june in dom republic

Hi Jetsetter

I have been to the Dominican in May 2007 and the weather was hot we had a few showers now and again and we realy appreciated them. I will be flying on the 29th from Manchester staying at the Iberostar i have stayed at this hotel lots of times. I have also stayed at one of the RIU but found it to far out with nothing close by

Florida
Level Contributor
382 posts
9. Re: weather in may/june in dom republic

I was there last june and in a week it only rained for 10 min am going back first week in june this year and am not expecting rain if it rains again for 10 min Im fine with that BobK lives there so he knows best

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
10. Re: weather in may/june in dom republic

Hot and Humid.