We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiteboarding

BC
1 post
Save Topic
Kiteboarding

is it feasable to stay in Puerto Plata and Kiteboard in Cabarete

Mentioned in this post
Cabarete
Cabarete
Dominican Republic
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiteboarding

Sure if you don't mind a couple of hours on the guagua each day. Otherwise the taxi costs will mount up VERY quickly.

Why not stay in Sosua or Cabarete?

Gregg

Mentioned in this post
Sosua
Sosua
Dominican Republic
Cabarete
Cabarete
Dominican Republic
Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
18,145 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kiteboarding

If you are looking for an AI resort look at Viva Wyhdam Tangerine. It is right on Kite beach in Cabareete and a 8 min walk along the beach to all the restaruants, clubs, bars in Cabarete. If not looking for AI but rather a condo PM me.

BObK

Mentioned in this post
Cabarete
Cabarete
Dominican Republic
Cabarete, Dominican...
Level Contributor
779 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kiteboarding

The two experts are absolutely right - even Sosua is not really a good idea (8km from;) - Cabarete is the only choice and Bob's suggestion of Viva is good as it is 150 metres to both Kite Beach and Bozo Beach where everyone kites. No travelling to do at all. An apartment is also a good call - A.I. reduces choice somewhat and Cabarete is full of it. Have fun and safe kiting!

Mentioned in this post
Sosua
Sosua
Dominican Republic
Cabarete
Cabarete
Dominican Republic
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kiteboarding

I would consider taking Bob up on his condo offer. I have always wanted to try Viva Tangerine, especially for the location but I had a very bad report from a young couple who were on my CO flight on Thurs EWR - POP and my Monday flight POP - EWR. We ended spending a lot of time together due to the issues of POP being closed for much of Thurs & Fri; but that's another story for another day - LOL. They actually had so many issues they got transferred to Viva Playa Dorada which they found marginally better. After getting some of the details I can't blame it on picky customers but rather it seems to be squarely in the lap of the resorts.

Gregg

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kiteboarding

the other thing is, you could spend all that time travelling, then find there isn't any wind! What a pain that would be... I'd also say stay in Cabarete.

Mentioned in this post
Cabarete
Cabarete
Dominican Republic
6. Re: Kiteboarding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 00:16