We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tourist card for dominican republic

merseyside
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
tourist card for dominican republic

Can anyone tell me if they have ordered and paid for there tourist card on line as i have been told it saves you time when you arrive at the airport as you will not have to fill in any forms.thanks

Florida
Level Contributor
382 posts
1. Re: tourist card for dominican republic

You still have to wait in same line , at very most is might save 5 to 10 seconds then you walk 10 feet and wait in line anyway from what I have seen

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
18,191 posts
347 reviews
2. Re: tourist card for dominican republic

If you fill out the paperwork on the plane and most flights will have it. Then there is no savings in time. However if you purchase the card on line it probably will be more expensive.

Wait until you get here to get it.

BObK

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: tourist card for dominican republic

Check with your carrier and see if they will hand out the form on the plane. It wouldn't save time in the airport but it would save the hassle of trying to fill out the forms while waiting in line. When we travel with our family, I usually end up filling out all 4 cards - I prefer to fill them out at my pace on the plane.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
43,980 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: tourist card for dominican republic

Hi hortoMerseyside,

The cards the other posters are talking about is the blue immigration cards that will be given out on the plane for you to fill in and hand in when going through passport control.

The Tourist card you are asking about(no forms to fill in for this) is best to buy at the Dom. Rep airport which is $US10 per person, yes its cheaper to buy when you arrive rather than online and does not save you any extra time buying in advance, you will still get to the luggage belts before any of your luggage appears, so no time is saved at all.

Angie.

Toronto
Level Contributor
166 posts
5. Re: tourist card for dominican republic

Check with your travel agent as ours in included in the price of our travel package.

Rebeccz

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: tourist card for dominican republic

We got our cards before we went out they cost us £10 each and with today's market on dollars to pound you actually don't spend that much more, we found it quicker to do it this way as everyone else had to queue up to purchase them but we could go straight through with our forms that they give out on the plane and collected our luggage less stress with two kids in tow! When we return I will do it this way again.

Jo.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: tourist card for dominican republic

Hi Angie thanks for your reply.hortomerseyside

merseyside
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: tourist card for dominican republic

Hi angie thanks for your reply to my enquiry.hortomerseyside

merseyside
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: tourist card for dominican republic

Hi Bobk thanks for your reply concerning tourist cards.We are travelling to Puerto Plata in the middle of April to the beginning of May could you tell me what the weather is usually like at that time of year.Thanks hortomerseyside.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
18,191 posts
347 reviews
10. Re: tourist card for dominican republic

hortoMerseyside

Late April early May is a very nice time here. The temps are warming up (upper 20s to low 30s) and the ocean is warming up as well. There is less rain but still the chance of a shower in the afternoon but not every day. You should have more lots sun then rain.

BObK