We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Marien Oasis or Barcelo - Puerto Plata

Montréal
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Marien Oasis or Barcelo - Puerto Plata

I'm looking for someone who has been to both hotels and can give me the best one to go? Beach, food, services and of course the rooms...

Thanks

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Marien Oasis or Barcelo - Puerto Plata

I've not been to either but I have just booked to stay at the Grand Oasis Marien. I stayed at the ICD last time but unfortunately cannot afford it now. I prefer the Costa Dorada area to Playa Dorada as there are only two hotels on the beach so you don't get the complex feel of Playa Dorada. It depends what you prefer, Grand Oasis is higher in the ratings table, and from what we saw of it when staying next door at the ICD (when you go to different hotels to collect people for trips)it did look lovely. Looking through the brochures too I think Grand Oasis has the edge. Good luck in deciding!

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
803 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Marien Oasis or Barcelo - Puerto Plata

My sister and I stayed at the Gran Marien when it was the Coral Marien and although the resort was nice I thought the food was awful! That said I am going to the Barcelo the beginning of March so I will let you know my opinion on it when I return!

M

3. Re: Grand Marien Oasis or Barcelo - Puerto Plata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 03:20