We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feeding the Fish

England
Level Contributor
956 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Feeding the Fish

Hi

We're at the holiday village from the 16th.

My youngest (age 5) loves to wade into the water and feed the fish, she'd spend all day with them if she could.

I appreciate that the waves here will probably be too strong for her but is there anywhere we can take her to see them, as it's really the highlight of her holiday.

I've read that the best snorkelling tours are from Sosua, but she's too young for this - if we just go to this beach, will there be plenty of fish in the shallows?

My 9 year old is an avid snorkeller so perhaps my husband could take her whilst we stay and feed the fishes.

Is there somewhere closer that has an abundance of fish to be fed?

Thank you

Sharon

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,228 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feeding the Fish

Sosua bay is usually a very calm beach with almost no waves most of the time. So great for wading. However not much as far as fish go but you can find a couple if you look hard enough. There is good snorkeling there and North Coast divers offer snorkel tours on the reefs around the bay. You can contact them at: http://www.northerncoastdiving.com/

BObK

England
Level Contributor
956 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feeding the Fish

Thanks Bob,

I was really hoping for an abundance of fish. We've been to a few places where as soon as the fish sense you in the water - they're everywhere. It was like this on the East Coast one year.

No worries - we'll have to get her snorkelling and in the tank at Ocean World!

Thanks

Sharon

leeds west yorkshire
Level Contributor
264 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feeding the Fish

if you take a little bread to the beach once the fish know they will come just deoends where on the coast u are for natural feeding to how much fish you get

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feeding the Fish

The DR is not much use for fish spotting.

I suggest the Amldives or the Red Sea.

If you find any feed them banana not bread

5. Re: Feeding the Fish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 09:25