We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When will the sun come out?

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Topic
When will the sun come out?

With seven straight days of continous rain, six deaths, houses washed away and flooding everywhere can someone please tell me it will be all over with by the 24th of Feb?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,810 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When will the sun come out?

According to the DR's office of meteorology, it'll start clearing up tomorrow. It should be sunny on Friday. No way to predict how the weather will be on Feb. 24, but under normal conditions, it would be sunny, fairly warm (around 28 C), and some scattered showers in the early morning and/or late evening only.

Silvia

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: When will the sun come out?

Thanks Silvia

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
342 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When will the sun come out?

Mainlander I was wondering the same thing. We are flying to POP on the 26th and quite frankly I am a little worried. I know I am a being a little selfish in hoping that the weather is good so I can lay on the beach and relax, but my heart goes out to the people that have lost things/family members in this storm. Let's hope the weather turns around for everyone's sake!!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: When will the sun come out?

lorrie in NL: I know I feel the same. Life is difficult enough for them without flooding. Where are you staying. We are going to Sosua Bay resort.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
342 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When will the sun come out?

We are going to The Grand Oasis Marien for one week. Can't wait!! I haven't been to Sosua yet, but would love to go sometime.

Have a great trip!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Level Contributor
779 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When will the sun come out?

Silvia is right; looks much better from tomorrow onwards..... we have been at the tail-end of a huge depression which covered practically the whole of the Atlantic. Here's the latest satellite imagery …accuweather.com/hurricane/…1

The depression has been steadily breaking up over the last few days.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Level Contributor
779 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When will the sun come out?

sorry, link did not work correctly; let me try and find another better one

Cabarete, Dominican...
Level Contributor
779 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When will the sun come out?

try this one; http://www.goes.noaa.gov/browsh2.html

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
342 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When will the sun come out?

Thanks GoGapSport,

That was very interesting. Do you think if we all hope for better weather, that the clouds will go away and stay away?!? Can't hurt!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Level Contributor
779 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When will the sun come out?

I think we are all deserving of some warm sunshine now - we have already had a few month's worth of rain dumped on us in the last 4 weeks - fingers crossed for blue skies once more. Enjoy your holiday when it comes along......