We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How are the tourists in regard to big women?Going to BARCELO

Montréal, Qc
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How are the tourists in regard to big women?Going to BARCELO

Hi fellow Trip advisor friends...I'm wondering...I'm going to the Barcelo Premium in 2 days and I'm pretty scared.

How are the staff and tourists to the Bigger tourists.I know it might seem like an anckward question, but you know sometimes we need bigger chairs, bigger towels, bigger everything... :-)

Are they nice to accomodate people with certain needs and a certain weight. How are the chairs next to the beach, the pool, are they strong?

Cuse I'm not only tall I'm a big girl as well, I know people will be staring for sure..(I'm 6'2) But it scares me a lot.

Since it's my first time in a resort I feel like I don't want to be judge by my size and I wanted to inquier about it.

Please answer...

Barcelo Feb 16-Feb 24

Madero Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Runners Adventures Puerto Plata
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Isaira Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, City Tours
Extra Tours
Sightseeing Tours
St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
342 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: How are the tourists in regard to big women?Going to BARCELO

To thehaitianqueen,

As you have noticed you are not alone in your fears and feelings of not being 'perfect'....we all have something to worry about ourselves...not pretty enough--for who?? Not skinny enough--for who?? Sure I would love to lose 50 lbs...but that won't make me a better person because I think I am a really nice person already. Your personality should not be measured by the way you look!!! I have been to the Barcelo twice and did not feel I was treated any different than my 'skinny' friends.

Have a great time and like the song goes

"Don't worry...be happy"!!!

collingwood, ont,
Level Contributor
507 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: How are the tourists in regard to big women?Going to BARCELO

In fact really you will feel the opposite of how you are feeling right now, when you return home. I have noticed on my trips that it is the larger women who seem to be having the most fun. They are the ones getting involved with the staff.......the ones dancing at the disco......the ones smiling and enjoying themselves. The others,( and of course not all), are too worried what they look like to have a good time. Or too worried checking others out.

Like the others posters here have stated .....go have a good time, and do not worry, you will be fine

Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: How are the tourists in regard to big women?Going to BARCELO

the dominican men really like, as they call it, a heathy woman . I say flont it if you got ,party on queen

Montreal
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: How are the tourists in regard to big women?Going to BARCELO

Hi hatianquueen,

We are 4 from montreal going down on the 22nd, Will say Hi if we see you. Don`t Worry I`m Sure You`ll have a great time. If not we can all get drunk togeather on Sunday.

25. Re: How are the tourists in regard to big women?Going to BARCELO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 21:18