We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back!

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
820 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Just back!

Hi All,

We just returned from Barcelo yesterday. Had a pretty good time so any questions I will try to answer for you.

Michelle

Toronto
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back!

Hi there,

I will be going to Barcelo in 3 weeks. I have a few questions:

1) Is there a bar near the beach, as my husband and I are planning to hang out there more than the pool?

2) How as the temperature of the beach water?

3) Did you ever use the massage services?

4) How were the buffet line-ups for breakfast and lunch?

Thanks!

Katrina

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
820 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back!

Hi Katrina,

Yes there is a nice Bar and Grill at the entrance to the beach that serves food till 3:00 pm and drinks till around 5:00.I found the water temp to be a little cool but it did seem warmer than the pool water! We did not use the massage services but we did see lots of people getting massages from the venders on the beach and they seem to be enjoying it. There are also ladies on the beach that will give you a pedicure.

The Buffet as far as I'm concerned is very small compared to other resorts I have been to so yes it does get crowded. There was always line up for the omlette guy because that was about the only thing that was good. Also at night the had a guy making fresh Pasta and there was always a line up for him too. We never went at lunch so I don't know about that.

Hope this helps!

Michelle

collingwood, ont,
Level Contributor
507 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back!

The massage from the resort are fabulous....and you get a discount if you are travelling with Air Transat. It is quiet and relaxing in an outdoor hut near the beach. Ive had 3 with them and would highly recommend it.

As a previous poster stated there are girls who give pedi's right on the beach, and have seen people who actually get them. I cannot stress more NOT to do this. You should be very careful even in your home country when getting pedi's, that to even consider one on the beach ( where the tools are never cleaned and sterilized), could lead to some very bad outcomes.

4. Re: Just back!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 19:21